ED of the Year Award
Sharing our stories and celebrating our successes will ensure that economic development initiatives continue to grow. In 1995, the Cando Economic Developer of the Year Award was created to recognize and promote recent or long-standing Aboriginal economic development initiatives throughout Canada.
Three outstanding examples of Aboriginal economic development were awarded for their hard work over the year. Delegates at the National Conference voted in three categories:
Congratulations to this year’s ED of the Year Award Winners & Recognition Recipients!
2013 ED of the Year Award Winners
- Kahkewistahaw Economic Management Corporation – Community Category
- Erasmus Apparel – Aboriginal Private Sector Business Category
- Darrell Balkwill – Individual EDO Category
L-R: Trevor C. Acoose, Kahkewistahaw Economic Management Corporation; Sarah Erasmus, Erasmus Apparel; and Darrell Balkwill, Whitecap Development Corporation
2013 ED of the Year Award Recognition Recipients
- Carcross Tagish Management Corporation - Community Category
- Bizzybody Events - Aboriginal Private Sector Business Category
- Justin Ferbey – Individual EDO Category
Read about past Economic Developer of the Year Award winners.