- define key terminology and concepts for each subject area;
- describe and identify key specimens from field lab exercises;
- describe how various ecosystem processes work as presented in lectures;
- develop an understanding of the role First Nations in the Resource Sector;
- explain how species diversity and ecosystem functions may be impacted by climate change; and describe and understand the importance of natural resources sustainability.
Professional Development Workshop
In addition to accredited training, Professional Development training will be taking place at the Cando conference on Sunday, October 27 from 8:30 to 4:30 PM. The training will focus on renewable energy. Please check back for registration and more information in the near future.
Lands and Minerals Sector
Canadian Minerals and Metals Plan - Advancing the Participation of Indigenous Communities
Mining Economic Development for Indigenous Communities
Canadian Forest Service
Indigenous Forestry Initiative
Clean Energy for Rural and Remote Communities - BIOHEAT
Surveyor General Branch
Survey Capacity Development Program
Boundary Dispute Resolution Program
Review of the Parcel Fabric Renewal
Office of the Chief Scientist
Green Jobs youth Program (TBC)
Chromite Research (TBC)
This workshop is free of charge for registered conference delegates; registration will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis. The maximum number of participants is 30.
Download registration form here
Taking the professional development course satisfies one out of the three criteria required to renew your PAED certification. PAED is valid for a five-year period, therefore, if you have received your PAED Certification more than five years ago, you are up for renewal. For more information about renewing PAED, contact Carmelle Nepoose in Western Canada or Anita Boyle in Eastern Canada.
Carmelle Nepoose, Certification Coordinator - Western Canada
firstname.lastname@example.org or 780-990-0303 x 237
Anita Boyle, Certification Coordinator - Eastern Canada
email@example.com or 506-623-9596