There are presently no positions available with Cando.
Here are opportunities from our partners, associates and members.
Indigenous Business Facilitator – Business Link
Reports to: Team Lead, Indigenous Services
Location: Northern Alberta Region Language: English
To direct Alberta’s entrepreneurs to information they need to be successful in their start‐up venture and connect these entrepreneurs with other organizations that will support their business goals.
By 2020, Business Link and its community will be known throughout Alberta as “the hub” for entrepreneurs seeking help, expertise and champions for their small business.
Our Value Statements
Everything we do is guided by our values:
• We are unbiased, and give the support you need, when you need it.
• We are curious and non‐judgmental about your business and ideas, and will always treat you with respect.
• We love working with others, trying new things, and we’re always learning.
As a driver of our brand promise to foster successful entrepreneurs in Alberta, you play an essential role in our client’s success. As an Indigenous Business Facilitator, you are the go‐to person helping aspiring and existing Indigenous entrepreneurs with support and the next step of start‐up steps as they need it. You are an expert in the area of Indigenous entrepreneurship; a trusted advisor who provides meaningful and value‐based service offerings to your clients. You portray an open and receptive approach and show a genuine desire to understanding their needs today and into the future. You seek out and thrive on building deeper relationships with clients and take pride in contributing to their entrepreneurial success.
• You take pride in the fact that you are a specialist and subject matter expert in the area of Indigenous entrepreneurship and associated business strategies.
• As the first point of contact, you provide a great first impression to all clients by
demonstrating a deep sense of care and respect.
• Every day, you help Alberta’s Indigenous entrepreneurs meet their goals and achieve
their dreams by providing advice and innovative solutions.
• You strive to increase Indigenous business opportunities by working with Indigenous
• You are a source of inspiration to clients by helping them every step of the way.
• Exploring all opportunities to assist small business owners from passive incoming client inquiries to pro‐active outreach of new small business leads is second nature to you.
• You demonstrate a sense of understanding of the unique challenges and opportunities that your clients come to you with.
• Proactively following up and responding to client’s inquiries is just one more way that you demonstrate their importance to Business Link.
• You assist clients in their search for business services including services available for Indigenous entrepreneurs throughout the business start‐up process.
• As you present on various topics related to business start‐ups, you increase subject
knowledge and awareness of Business Link’s service offerings.
• You are flexible and assist where the demand is in the organization. For instance, if the Business Link team needs your assistance, you jump in with both feet.
• You support and implement new business endeavors to increase success and
• Researching to discover best practices and innovations in Indigenous entrepreneurship to support our clients gets you excited.
• You prove that you are your client’s champion by attending offsite client events.
• By attending and assisting in marketing and industry events, you promote what Business Link can do for entrepreneurs.
• You participate on project teams to develop new information, products and services as they relate to the Indigenous Service Program(s).
• You build and maintain solid relationships with external service providers including
lawyers and other professional service providers to further complement our network and service offerings.
Knowledge and Training
• Keeping on top of relevant programs, services, information, and resources to further
assist clients is one of your priorities.
• You recognize that staying current on trends in the world of entrepreneurship, small
business ownership, and Indigenous‐focused services and programs (i.e., government
announcements and grants, use of social media, etc.) is critical to building and maintaining your relationships with clients.
• Seeking out and taking advantage of available professional and personal development through ongoing skills development, learning and training opportunities is important to you.
• You have a degree in Business or related field or equivalent combination of diploma in Business.
• You have in‐depth and direct experience with and/or knowledge of Indigenous culture.
• You have extensive understanding of Indigenous specific regulations and government
grants as it relates to business support.
• You are flexible in the hours you work to meet client needs
• You have strong business acumen and understanding of small business and
• You have previous entrepreneurial, business incubator and or accelerator experience.
• You have an excellent understanding of what can affect the success or failure of a
startup and small business.
• You have a valid driver’s license and are willing and able to travel to communities
• You are experienced in marketing and social media management.
• You have excellent presentation and interpersonal skills.
• You are a natural relationship builder and connector.
• You are an excellent communicator.
• You are great in using technology.
• You thrive in a changing environment.
A combination of education and experience will be considered.
Full job description:
If you are passionate about entrepreneurship and would like to be a part of this innovative team apply at Careers@businesslink.ca.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for submitting their resumes. Please note, only those candidates chosen to continue on through the selection process will be contacted.